Monday, September 26, 2011

Cleaning is Sexy...Except for all that Dirt of Course


For this one, I have to give credit to my lovely boyfriend.  I was in the market for some gloves so I can finally tackle scrubbing the bathtub, one of the sexiest household chores, evidently.  This package actually made him stop, point it out to me, and then suggest it goes on my blog.  So here it is.

Note the missing eyes (read: identity) of the woman at the top, so all we get are a pair of puckered lips...and um...dish soap.  But the kicker was the sex-tastic pic at the bottom, which I'm fairly certain I saw in a Chanel ad some time ago.  Sans the bright green gloves, of course.

Now the problem here is the tongue-in-cheek element is questionable.  Remember all of those Swiffer commercials using the romantic/sexual trope in a satirical way?  Well here you go to refresh your memory:




I actually think this commercial is kind of clever, though still marketed to women using old assumptions.  The problem with the gloves package is that neither of us could tell if they were being serious, which is never a good problem.  Not that tongue-in-cheek makes the typical sexvertising tropes any less evident or backwards.

And before you say the idea of pretty cleaning gloves is silly, behold my purchase and celebrate the little things in life!



No comments:

Post a Comment